I made these recently (See last week’s WIAW) after having made these last year for X-mas. And I must say, they’re pretty darn good!
Upon request… here’s the recipe! :)
Hope you’ll give them a go!
You will need:
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips (I was able to get mine sugar free)
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup xylitol or rice syrup or coconut sugar (You might want things sweeter! I didn’t make these too sweet because I kinda like the bitter taste of chocolate)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon instant coffee powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Place chocolate and hazelnuts in a food processor
- Grind them up – the consistency should be of coarse sand
- Crack the eggs and pulse them into the mixture
- Add the coconut oil and sweetener of choice and pulse again
- Add the vanilla, coffee powder and sea salt
- Mix or pulse for a few seconds until all is combined
- Spoon your batter into a greased muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups if you prefer to use those
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 12-15 minutes
- Let them cool for 15 minutes and serve with a lovely cup of cappuccino and some fresh whipped cream! YUM
Makes 8 – 10 cupcakes, depending on the size of your muffin tin.
Note that the baking time may vary! Every oven is different, and the altitude plays a roll in this as well ;) Also, your muffin tin might be larger than mine… so keep an eye on your cupcakes!