I think it’s time for another recipe!! Let’s make some gluten free, nutritious, vegan bread!
Take a large mixing bowl and add:
– 3 tbsp Chia seed meal (or double this amount in flax meal)
– 10 tbsp parsnip puree (or a different fruit or veggie puree – this will of course change the flavor depending on the puree you use!!)
– 4 tbsp water
– 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 1.5 tsp psyllium husk
– ½ cup almond milk, hemp milk or water
Mix thoroughly with an electric mixer, and add to the same bowl:
– 2 tbsp honey or rice syrup
– ¼ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
– ¼ tsp turmeric = optional; mainly for coloring reasons
– Small pinch of ground cloves and nutmeg = optional
– 1.5 tsp cinnamon
– 2 heaping tbsp raisins
– 1 tbsp very finely chopped ginger root
– ½ cup coconut flour
– ½ cup brown rice flour
– 1 cup tapioca flour (I guess you could substitute with potato starch or corn starch, but I have never tried!)
– 2 tsp baking soda
– 2 tsp baking powder
Beat again until everything is combined and a thick batter is formed.
Dump the batter into a bread tin, or make little balls and bake them separately on a baking sheet. Make whatever shape or form you want and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The baking time will vary depending on the size of your bread(rolls)! I made 5 buns with this batter and it took me approximately 45 minutes. I didn’t watch the clock; I just checked my buns after 30 minutes every so often! I think this works best :)
Let them cool for 10 minutes after they’re done and serve or store for later enjoyment!
Slice the bread roll in half and spread with a little coconut butter and add your favorite toppings! Delicious!
Side note: If you’d use apple sauce you’d have delicious sweet bread! If you leave out the raisins, cinnamon and ginger, and add garlic powder (1 tsp), chopped fresh rosemary (2 tsp) and a pinch of black pepper + fresh black olives (2 tbsp) you’d have a tasty hearty bread to eat alongside some soup or salad! YUM!
Have fun experimenting with this recipe!
Does anyone know if there is a difference between BUNS and ROLLS?! ^.^