What do you love most in your life? I don’t mean family, friends or pets… that is it you love most in your life to DO, just for yourself. What makes you happy?
For me.. it’s dancing.. it’s always been that way I’ve missed it so much! I have such a love & hate relationship with dancing (since I got sick during my first year of dance-college and had to give up on my dream shortly after)
To this day I regret not being able to dance for my profession, but I’m also wiser now than I was before. I’m turning 25 next month and I can honestly say the benefits of growing up (a.k.a. getting old ) are the ability to let go & see the bigger picture.
I’m learning to love to dance again without the need to be on stage or to be the best dancer in the world. I’m learning I can dance for me and feel the sensation of freedom it gives me. To let it help me cope with stress instead of being a stressor in my life – like it turned out to be in my late teens.
I started taking salsa dance lessons for myself last week and I can’t believe how I’ve gone without for so long!
It’s OK to not be the best, it feels OK to not be in-front of the class but to be a participant, and it’s OK I feel free and enjoy myself
So I wanted to share my experience and I’d love to challenge you to get out of your comfort-zone and find the thing you love to do most… and DO IT! You don’t have to be good at it, you just have to love what you’re doing It’s OK to be selfish from time to time and enjoy the moment.. just for you
Speaking of selfishness – in the most positive way! – I’ve been loving my new study!! I had my first exam tonight to become a personal trainer in the next year It went pretty well! This was just the basics (theory test) so the coming 5 exams will be tough This was pretty hard as it was… BUT SO SUPER INTERESTING!
I’m so glad I’ve decided to go with it and get my bum into the college seat again! In a year from now I hope to combine being a PT with my online practice as a certified nutritionist ♥ To coach people to be in their best shape ever! I love my job!!
As for food… studying makes me HUNGRY! And you should never underestimate the need for fuel whilst studying! Seriously… it takes a lot of energy (a.k.a. calories) to do well in school.
I’ll tell you what I’ve been loving this Wednesday♥:
- Buckwheat porridge with dried cranberries and mixed seeds (FYI: picture below is a millet porridge I enjoyed yesterday.. I think I prefer millet porridge over buckwheat… but I like to switch things up from time to time for nutritional purposes What’s your favorite grain for porridge?)
- Coffee with a chocolate chip cookie (which I froze from last weeks batch, seriously Jenn HOW do you live without a freezer?? I can’t imagine being without anymore! And I’ve only had it for 3 years or so…)
- Roasted pumpkin (yes I’m full in pumpkin mode!) with coconut oil, coconut and a little sea salt
- Minced Meat stir-fry with veggies, half a pound of ground beef, olive oil, spices & a side of cooked root veggies — like sweet potato and turnip — & 2 ounces of mixed nuts.
- Banana & water during the exam.
- Mini muffins (from the freezer! Haha) and another bowl of stir-fry with 2 ounces of mixed nuts, because I was just so hungry! >> post exam stress
I’m a little late to make this into a WIAW post.. but nonetheless… Happy WIAW everyone! See you next week a little earlier!