Bitter* Sweet Chewy Almond Cookies
You must try these – I often say this – but it’s just… like this recipe, it’s so simple to make, yet so satisfying to eat!
Really good for your taste-buds as well as your body
* a little bitterness from the apricot kernels. It’s just a hint of bitterness in the BEST possible way!
Let’s get started right away.
Ingredients for roughly 24 cookies
- 1 ¼ cup raw almonds
- 3 tbsp apricot kernels
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (optional – but highly recommended)
- 2 eggs (you can try substituting with 2 flax-eggs if you want it vegan: I haven’t tried, but I guess it could work…)
- 2 tbsp water, IF using coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon stevia powder, every brand of stevia is different so adjust the amount you use to your taste preference!
- a few drops almond extract
- pinch sea salt
Preheat your oven to 190 °C / 375 °F.
Grind the apricot kernels and the raw almonds into a fine powder using a coffee grinder. It’s perfectly fine if you have some coarser pieces as well, they’ll add some crunch
Add the fresh ground powder into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Add the eggs, almond extract, water and mix again until combined really well. The texture should be of moist dough.
Drop little balls onto a baking-sheet lined with baking paper or sprayed with oil.
The cookies won’t rise much, so make them the size you want. I used 2 teaspoons of batter to form each cookie.
Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Check after 8 minutes or so to see how they’re doing. They won’t brown too much (if you want you could give them an egg wash for browning). If you test and they’re firm on the outside but still soft yet NOT moist anymore on the inside, then they’re done!
Let them cool for a few minutes and ENJOY :) ♥
Great as a healthy treat served with a nice cup of cappuccino or as a post workout snack – they do contain quite some protein!