A Post Workout – Protein – Nut Butter – Sweet & Creamy – Chocolate Granita, to be precise!
I was sweating like crazy after my short but intense interval training outdoors this afternoon, so I decided I needed a refreshing treat afterwards… and this sure cooled me down in the best possible way.
Super delicious and very simple to make!
Ingredients for one
- About 2 cups of ice cubes
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sunflower seed butter or any nut butter of your choice (if you’re like me and you’d like to add another tbsp: GO for it!;) )
- 1 tbsp protein powder of your choice: I used hemp protein – that’s why the color is this unappealing brownish-green… sorry! It tastes divine though :D!
- 2 tbsp xylitol (you can substitute for stevia or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch cinnamon
- even smaller pinch sea salt
Pulse the ice cubes in a blender or food processor until coarsely chopped. Add all the remaining ingredients to the mix and blend for 30 seconds or so.
Scoop into a big bowl and sprinkle with some extra cacao…
“sigh… how I ♥ post workout snacks during summer ;)”
I ate 2 of these along with it…
Wanna know what these babies are? Click on the picture below!