Hi fellow bloggers!
I just want to share a (non)recipe with you. I ate this last week as you might have seen in my WIAW post .
I think it’s my most extravagant Kitchen Sink Dish ever ;)
Sure, the idea of a Kitchen Sink Dish is to empty your fridge and use whatever you have left and make a meal out of it. So I’m not sure if I should give you a recipe or not, but this simply turned out to taste amazing! You know… sometimes it just happens like that ;)
Want to have an amazing blend of flavors on your plate?! Try this out:
- Start with 1 tbsp of olive oil & 1 tbsp of either butter or coconut oil or organic extra virgin red palm oil … or just use all olive oil ;)
- Add the oil to a wok or sauté pan and turn on the heat
- Sauté 2 chopped onions and 2 minced cloves of garlic
- Add 1 diced eggplant
- Add 1 cup chopped wild tomatoes
- Add 1 chopped yellow & 1 chopped green bell pepper
- Add a bunch of freshly chopped parsley
- Don’t forget to stir every so often ;)
- Add 1 cup of shredded carrot
- Add 3 oz fresh goat cheese per person – this recipe made enough for two so I added 6 oz of cheese to the mix
- Add spices & herbs to taste – I used: the zest of 1 lemon + a pinch of black pepper + a little cayenne + a little thyme + a little rosemary + a little garlic powder + a little onion powder + a little paprika powder … Use whatever floats your boat!
Almost forgot to mention – I won the Kitchen Sink Award with this recipe; so it must be good ;)
P.s. I don’t think I’ve ever winked this much in a blog-post ;) I think I just really like these wink-smileys ;) lol… I’m such a dork! :D